During the summer of 2009, we will be generating tips for teachers and professors who wish to improve their use of the web for their classes. We may also hold a brief workshop. If you are interested in being kept abreast of these developments, email email@example.com (NCN AAPT Web Weaver).
In the mean time, a few starting points:
- Find out what your institution’s policy is regarding teacher/professor use of the web. Some institutions prohibit using any site outside their own. Others allow it but may have restrictions.
- Make a list of what you want to do with your site. For example:
- Post assignments for students who miss a class.
- Post notes from lectures (Powerpoint etc.)
- Post links for online activities for students (interactive simulations, tutoring sites).
- Provide online quizzes that students are required to take.
- Post student grades.
- Which of these is provided by your institution already?
- How much time do you want to put into:
- learning a web publishing system
- updating your web site.
Check back to see updates to this page.