Our section is “By physics teachers, for physics teachers.” All work is done by educators in our “spare time.” If you would like to help out, your work will be greatly appreciated, and there are many ways you can help. We can use help with:
- Hosting Section Conferences (at your institution). We’ll help you do much of the work, but we need a contact at any institution to make the “ask” and be the main contact person.
- Helping out at conferences. If you’d like to help set up signs, arrange tables and chairs, register people, get food, etc., we can always use another pair of hands.
- Helping with the website. We try to add information about physics education events in Northern CA/NV, and you can be an author/editor by “cutting and pasting” from announcements.
- Social networking. We have a presence on Facebook and Twitter, and we can expand to other websites if we get help.
- Serving as an officer. Our officers are elected each spring, but you can serve as a “trainee” if you’d like to run, and our current officer in your favorite office will help you get a sense of what that office requires.
- Etc, etc, etc. If you have a particular interest, we can probably find a way to have you do it.