Thank you to those of you who have already shared the news about our free summer physics camps for students and teachers at Canada’s Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics.
Application deadlines are fast approaching:
- For your students – the deadline to apply for the International Summer School for Young Physicists is Thursday, March 19, 2009. Program Dates: August 8 to August 22 -online applications available at www.issyp.ca.
- For your teachers – the deadline to apply for the Einstein Plus Teachers Workshop is Tuesday, March 31, 2009. Program Dates: August 2 to August 8 – online applications available at www.einsteinplus.ca.
If you have not already done so, we hope you will share this information with other students and teachers by:
- Forwarding this email to interested students and groups;
- Printing and hanging the downloadable poster that is available here;
- Adding the following short description to your blogs, websites or any newsletters you may be involved in:
- Canada’s Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics (PI), is now accepting applications for their free summer science camps for students and teachers with a keen interest in modern physics. All expenses are paid within Canada. For detailed information regarding these camps please visit www.einsteinplus.ca or www.issyp.ca.
What teachers to 2008 Einstein Plus say about their experience at Perimeter:
- Lots of sharing, new ideas, new strategies, stretching of the mind… I am very excited about this coming year in my classroom.
- This has been an amazing, memorable, and motivating experience. I would highly recommend it. This has exceeded my expectations.
- Very intellectually stimulating program, good for both getting me informed and excited about modern physics, but also giving me ideas of how to bring this into the classroom.
- A fantastic opportunity.
What past students to ISSYP say about their experience at Perimeter:
- I attended ISSYP three years ago and now my summer job is cosmology research! I give credit to this program for giving me the self-confidence to believe I could become a physicist and putting me on the path I am on. It showed me that there is no reason not to try.” – Tyler August, Canada, Laurentian University, 2005 ISSYP Participant
- ISSYP was a great adventure for me. I met wonderful people in there; both students from around the world and researchers. It involved some heavily mind-stretching activities, but also gave a lot of valuable insight into actual working life of theoretical physicists. The experience of ISSYP gave me a lot of motivation, which still helps with studying and working for the University of Oxford.” – Krzysztof Ilowiecki, Poland, University of Oxford, 2006 ISSYP Participant
Additional information is available online at www.perimeterinstitute.ca.
If you have any questions, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org (519) 569-7600 ext. 5080
We look forward to receiving applications from your school.
Perimeter Institute Outreach Team