EINSTEINPLUS is a one-week intensive workshop for Canadian and international high school teachers that focuses on modern physics including quantum physics, special relativity, and cosmology. EINSTEINPLUS also provides unique opportunities to learn some of the latest developments in physics from expert researchers at the forefront of human knowledge, enjoy lab tours and take part in social events with like-minded teachers from around the globe.
WHEN AND WHERE?
July 6-12th 2014 at Perimeter Institute in Waterloo, Ontario Canada.
Mark your calendars for our next section conference. We will meet at the Exploratorium, at its new location on the SF Embarcadero. In addition to exciting speakers, you will also have time to explore the new Exploratorium (all your favorite exhibits are there, plus many new ones).
Save the date: Friday April 11 and Saturday April 12, 2014
More details will be published by early 2014.
Here is a list of those who presented at Show at Tell on November 16, 2013. (We hope to have contact information for them soon.)
- David Kagan, CSU Chico
- Younes Ataiiyan, Santa Rosa JC
- Don Rathjen, Exploratorium
- Tom Woosnam, Crystal Springs Uplands School
- Jeff Jorgensen, Arroyo High School
- Laura Legé, American River/Sacramento State
- Philip Becker
- Harvey Barton, Lodi Academy
- Zeke Kossover, Jewish Community High School
- Dan Burns, Los Gatos High School
- Debbie Sater, California High, S.R.
- Dean Baird, Rio Amaicano
- Valerre Risk, Albany High School
- Kaushik Basu
- Ron Qian(questions on SAT)
- Lee Trampleasure, Carondelet High School, (smashing pumpkins)
- Rob Benn
- Phil Becker (UC a-g science approval)
Currently our annual dues are $25 and we charge meeting fees of $20 (includes lunch). We waive fees for first-timers at our meetings (but new members still pay $10 for lunch). It has been noted that some institutions will pay for meeting fees, but not membership dues. To account for this, the following structure is being proposed:
- $25—Corresponding Membership—Designed for people who wish to be members, but don’t come a meeting in a given academic year.
- $45—Fee for Fall Meeting—Includes membership + lunch ($10 discount for first-timers)
- $45—Fee for Spring Meeting— Includes membership + lunch ($10 discount for first-timers, $25 for people who attended Fall) Read more »
We look forward to seeing you at our Fall 2013 Section conference. Below is the complete program. Read more »
The program for our Fall 2013 section conference is now available in PDF format. We should have a web page version up shortly, but here’s the PDF in the mean-time.
Map of locations:
View NCN AAPT at Carondelet High School in a larger map with key to locations.
Don’t forget, registration is encouraged (helps us plan for how many will attend), but not mandatory. Register here.
Our fall 2013 NCN AAPT Section mini-conference will be held at Carondelet High School, in Concord, CA, on November 15th and 16th. Submissions for papers and presentations are now being taken; please submit your request here.
We have firmed up a date for our Section’s fall meeting/conference.
The main event is Saturday, November 16, 2013, at Carondelet High School in Concord, CA. Friday evening we will have some sort of event and social (details to be worked out).
Nearby lodging is available for our distant members, there is plenty of free parking, and Carondelet can be accessed by public transit.
Watch here for more details, including how to sign up to give a presentation! We hope to announce this no later than early September.