Update: This proposal passed by membership at our April 12, 2014 meeting.
Currently our annual dues are $25 and we charge meeting fees of $20 (includes lunch). We waive fees for first-timers at our meetings (but new members still pay $10 for lunch). It has been noted that some institutions will pay for meeting fees, but not membership dues. To account for this, the following structure is being proposed:
- $25—Corresponding Membership—Designed for people who wish to be members, but don’t come a meeting in a given academic year.
- $45—Fee for Fall Meeting—Includes membership + lunch ($10 discount for first-timers)
- $45—Fee for Spring Meeting— Includes membership + lunch ($10 discount for first-timers, $25 for people who attended Fall)
- $25 if you don’t attend any section conferences, but want to support our Section.
- $45 if you attend one section conference (includes lunch)
- $70 if you attend two section conferences (includes lunch both times)
- $35 if you attend one section conference (includes lunch)
- $60 if you attend two section conferences (includes lunch both times)
Under this plan people will be charged the same amount they are now, but may be able to get a larger reimbursement from their institutions, if your institution reimburses for attendance but not memberships.
We will discuss this change at the Spring Meeting (at the Exploratorium!) and hold a vote for approval.