Join us the first weekend in November at UC Berkeley for a day and a half of physics education.
Friday evening, November 4th
Social and Lecture Demo Show
- 5:30 No-Host Dinner at Chianlai Thai Cuisine, 2505 Hearst St.
- 6:30 Welcome Gathering and Social
- 7:30 Lecture Demo Sho
Saturday, November 5
- 8:00 Registration, coffee, donuts
- 9:00 Welcome
- 9:15 Show and Tell
- 10:15 Break
- 10:30 “Physics for Future Presidents — A new approach for the non-science student.” Invited speaker: Richard Muller, Professor of Physics, U.C. Berkeley, Faculty Senior Scientist, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- 11:30 Group photo
- 11:45 Lunch
- 12:45 Business meeting (in just 15 minutes!)
- 1:00 Two options:
- Tour of Physics Research Labs. Guided tours of physics faculty labs in Astrophysics, Condensed Matter & Materials Science, and Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics, led by graduate students and researchers.
- Roundtable Discussion for high school teachers to discuss common problems and solution.
- 2:15 Break
- 2:30 Two options:
- Three concurrent workshops featuring labs and lecture demonstrations from Berkeley and other schools (contributions welcome). Spend the full period in one or circulate among the labs to see them all.
- Modeling Instruction introduction workshop
- 4:00 End 🙂
View NCN AAPT Conference at UCB November 2011 in a larger map and/or get directions
$20 for NCN AAPT members (includes one lunch ticket). First timers are always free (lunch tickets for first timers are $10). Lunch will be beef, turkey, or veggie sandwiches.
Pre-registration is not required, but will help us know how many people to expect:
(The registration below says it’s free, but that’s just because we’re not collecting payment online. The usual registration fees apply, including free admission for first time attendees.)